Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Exercise. It's Boring.

Today I reached a goal - I did 30 minutes on the elliptical machine. Do you know what that is? This is an elliptical machine. Think about walking on the beach in you bare feet. It's similar to that. Up until today I've made it 20 minutes max, today I pushed myself to 30.

Then I did one of the reclining bikes for another 15. I'm working up to an hour. It's not the physical exertion that kills me, it's the boredom. In spite of a TV screen in front of me, or a Playaway, or my MP3 player full of good music, let's be honest, this stuff is BORING.

I know the benefits of exercise and if I hadn't been doing this for the last year I shudder to think what kind of shape I'd be in. But it's BORING.

Although maybe it's good for the brain to go into a holding pattern for an hour, give it a rest while the body takes over.

What's on the Playaway: The Soul Thief. Just got started to I don't have an opinion yet.

No comments: