Hello, Bookish readers.
I have not been kidnapped by aliens but might have had more fun had I been ...
You got the low down on the week preceding vacation. Here is an update.
After our car problems, all was well until we got to Savannah where we were rear-ended on Bay street, on block away from our favorite bed & breakfast, although it's not where we were staying this trip.
Not too much damage to my car but the rear door will have to be replaced along with my spare tire. The other guy's car looks like it might have been totalled. He was already keeping the bonnet tied down with a rope.
Poor guy was from up the road, Woodstock, and on a construction job in Savannah. It was nearly 100 degrees out there but the police arrived and wrote it up quickly. So far, here at home, we've gotten the required estimates and insurance will deliver a rental car on Monday.
Fortunately, I suppose you could say, I have not had need of a car this week. Why, you ask.
I was laid low by a demonic sinus infection for four days. Of course, had I gone to the doctor earlier, it might have been two or three days. I'm feeling much better but the breakup of all that gunk is making me cough. I have some decongestant which actually helps but makes me drowsy. The antibiotics are as big as a football.
Yeah, I have been miserable since Tuesday but thankful that this did not hit me in Tybee. I did get some nice pictures of the beach and of our dolphin excursion on Bull River, a gift from my brother & his wife. It was an item up for auction at the Bassett Hound Rescue dinner a few weeks ago. Our accommodations were nice, with a bedroom, living room and kitchen, and only a couple of blocks from the beach. It was a nice rest, good to sit on the beach and listen to the surf, one of the most refreshing sounds I can think of. I never tire of hearing that, or watching the pelicans and gull dive for food into the ocean. But, honestly, two days of that is quite enough. It was well over 100 degrees, given the heat index.
We made a very brief trip into Savannah, enough to whet our appetites and make us swear to come back for a few days in cool weather. You cannot do Savannah in the summer.
I'll be glad to get back to work tomorrow. This past week has not been my idea of a good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment