Saturday, June 13, 2009

Something is going on in the universe today

My husband and daughter were headed to the equestrian center for riding and training with the Sheriff's department when his truck began smoking. The battery was having a meltdown of some kind it seems. He dropped DD#2 off at the center and headed home.

Meanwhile, I was having a bagel at Atlanta Bread when he called. I headed home. Upon cranking up, I noticed that my "check engine" light was on. This can't be happening, I thought. Both cars, just days before vacation. Less than a week after DD#1's battery went kerflewie.

We have a mechanic named Vinnie. No joke. Vinnie is my new hero. He checked my car in 5 minutes flat, told me nothing to worry about, a minor issue that he resolved and I gave him a huge hug, it was the best news all day.

So then we were so relieved we decided to celebrate by eating lunch. We stopped at Chicky Filly and ordered. The nice young man behind the counter told us to grab a table and he'd bring our food out. He did, in addition to being extremely pleasant, had great customer service skills.

That following up Vinnie's good news made me say, Something unusual is going on in the universe today. It is not common to have two consecutive positive human interactions in one day. Not that close together, anyway.

Maybe this is the other extreme of the pendulum swing after Thursday's high adrenaline day.

DH's car only requires a new battery; we can handle that. He might get it fixed in time to participate in the equestrian training. In fact, he just left for that purpose.

So it appears all is well and life can go on as planned. At least for the next five minutes.

It's just when all the you know what hits the fan at once that you feel hemmed in.

And right before vacation!

2 comments:

Norma said...

Sounds like you guys are preparing for Obama's clunker cash--in a few years. Get $4500 and put it down on a $50,000 itsy bitsy thing.

Deb said...

Oh lord. I hope not. I was hoping this would be the last car I ever buy. It's a Honda. Arent they supposed to last forever?