I had a little glimpse into the future yesterday.
Suffering from sinusitis, I went to the local doc-in-a-box and sat amongst the Great Unwashed to see Saturday's doc-for-hire and get what I hoped would be a prescription for antibiotics.
The receptionist was a twenty-something slob, reading People magazine, devouring no doubt the latest Jon-and-Kate nonsense who shoved a form at me, rattled off some instructions, and barked at me when I asked her to repeat herself.
The doctor was in a great hurry, not happy to deal with me since she didn't think I had an infection but merely some sinus congestion. She turned and stalked out of the room without so much as a howdy-do. Or even a good-bye.
I don't mind the fact that treatment is impersonal at this place since I don't expect to ever see the same doctor twice. I'd just like to be treated like I'm the same species as the person prodding me.
2 comments:
You're right--but it's also good to remember that our own impersonal, wonderful insurance plans are instructing the gov't in how to do "relationship" medicine.
Sorry, what do you mean by "relationship" medicine?
Post a Comment