Sunday, February 1, 2009

Another $100,000 in taxes? Not a problem.

Not for Tom Daschle. With Mr. Obama and Democrats standing firmly behind their man, his confirmation to head up the Department of Health and Human SErvices and eventually push universal health care on the American people, his confirmation is probably assured. But not without a few "bumps in the road", which is how Democrats see his tax problems.

A democratic insider says that another $100,000 in taxes is not a big deal.

It's the principle of the thing, stupid.

Things have become so corrupt in Washington, it's difficult to find any politician who *has* paid their taxes. So we settle - as we too often do -- for the lesser of many evils.

Instead of governing and serving the people as they are supposed to do, politicians have become - not all but too many -- the most self-serving bunch of opportunists on earth.

3 comments:

Norma said...

I thought it a bit hypocritical for Obama to be criticizing CEOs for their large salaries. At least they have to perform for the stock holders or they are out on their ear. With politicians, they have no fear.

Alice Grace said...

I totally agree with your comments. I have never seen such leniency as we are seeing now! They get by with anything, while we, the poor "TAXPAYER" have to toe the mark!

Laura(southernxyl) said...

It beats the heck out of me, how so many people think the Democrats are the party of the little people (I feel your pain) and the Republicans are fat cats.