Friday, January 2, 2009

Blog Improvement Project

Sounds like a good idea - take a year to learn more about blogging & make your blog a better place to be. So I signed up for 2009 Blog Improvement Project at Sophisticated Dorkiness (what a terrific name). Not so much a challenge as a project with bi-monthly activities to improve your blog.

I'd just like to get more traffic and more comments. I have no aspirations to make any mone from this enterprise. It's always been a means of self-expression; a way to improve my writing skills, and most importantly, to connect with people I'd never know otherwise. Thus, the desire to make it interesting enough that people want to participate.

I'm not courageous enough to do anything very controversial. The few times that I have unknowlingly done so and gotten angry comments, it's rattled me to my core. I may read the stuff but I'm not wired to handle it personally.

This should be interesting and educational. Thanks to Kim for hosting this undertaking!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How long have you been blogging?

Norma said...

I have so many New Year's resolutions, I'll have to pass on improving my blog.

Deb said...

J.Kaye, I started a blog a few years ago, although this is a new one.

Norma: I'm always full of good intentions on January 1.

Inkpot said...

This sounds interesting. Good luck with improving your blog in 09 :)