Sorry, I got distracted and forgot to finish Norma's interview:
1. What are you most looking forward to when you are able to retire?
I was just thinking about this today. While I love my job and the people I work with, it will be such a relief to feel I am not being judged constantly. Every decision, every action, every word out of my mouth, every email, every opinion, is fair game for eye rolling and second guessing. I will not have to justify anything to anyone but myself. And that's quite enough.
2. If you had $1,000,000, what would you do with it?
I'd see that my extended family was okay, as much as possible. Then I'd find a very savvy financial advisor (after much research) and invest the rest for my retirement. I might hold out a little for a nice vacation. Charity begins at home.
3. If you could re-do one thing in your life, what would it be?
I'd be smarter with money.
4. What living famous person would you most like to have as a dinner guest, and why? What would you serve?
I think I'll go with Norma's choice - Laura Bush, and she can bring George. I'd love to talk to Laura, since she is/was also a librarian. I'd like to know how it was for her as a politician's wife, since she was certainly not brought up to that. I'd love to hear George Bush's side of things, aside from just talking one on one with a former President who lived through and got us through such tumultuous times. I'd like to know how he was able to act with such class when he was so viciously maligned. I'd like to know what he really thinks Obama will do as President.
That's a total of five, including the previously answered question.
Now, if you’d like to answer interview questions:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick what they will be or I‘ll send this one.)
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
2 comments:
Great comments. One time I saw Laura and GWB together on an interview show--don't remember which--but she is a BIG talker and he was rather quiet and deferred to her.
Have you read An American Wife? It's interesting in that the author, Curtis Sittenfeld, talked about how she loves Laura Bush in an interview on Slate, I believe. I like the Bush family, on the whole. Really don't understand where all the hatred toward them comes from.
Post a Comment