If I had a "do over' button: I would have done things differently when my mom had Alzheimer's. I would have visited more often, I would have spent much more time with her. I would have quit my job and taken care of her. I would have told her I loved her more often. I would have hugged her. I would have sat with her andheld her hand. I would have tried to show her I loved her more. I have many, many regrets about that time.
3 comments:
That is such a dreaded disease and I don't know many people who have come out of a personal situation unscathed.
I'm sure on some level she knew you were there and loved her!
What a lovely photo. Even though she didn't know you, you knew her. I might try that one minute writer--looks like fun, although I don't do that well writing on command.
what a lovely photo! and yes, deep down i'm sure she knew who you were. mother bonds can't be broken i hope.
i am going to hug my mom the next time i see her since we rarely do
Post a Comment