I'm so into The Likeness by Tana French (audio) that I can't really concentrate on anything else. I've tried and tried to read When Will There Be Good News? by Kate ATkinson but just cannot.
My knitting is sitting there giving me baleful looks yet I cannot concentrate on anything more difficult than knit and purl. Tried knitting a scarf and got it screwed up on the first row so I quit for now.
The best thing that's happened lately is my DD#2 and I had a little outing where we went to the mall -- crazy I know but it was oddly calm for the weekend before Christmas. Land's End at Sears had everything 40% off yet no one was buying. Hmm.
We had lunch at Schlotsky's, hadn't had one of their fabulous hot sandwiches in forever. It was great. Seemed to cheer her up - she's been a little blue lately. Seasonal Affective Disorder maybe? I don't want to see her fall into that awful anxiety thing that I've lived with for my entire life, being told "it's just YOU."
Now I've fooled around so long I have to get dressed for work, really cramps my style.
Not even time to post a picture. Well, maybe one:
2 comments:
What a fabulous cake!! The little books sound great!
It is a great cake!
I really liked The Likeness and can't wait for the next one!
Post a Comment