Sunday, December 7, 2008

One Minute Writing: Daily Writing Prompt

My uncle worked at the A&P at Peachtree Battle Shopping Center. I was about six years old when he took me to work with him one day. Because it was the 1950's my mother dressed me in my Sunday finest: pink taffeta dress and black patent leather shoes, socks with lace around the cuffs. Uncle John let me put the prices on the shelves.

The One Minute Writer

To finish: Around noon my feet started killing me in those shoes, which I wore only on Sundays. Uncle John took me down to Richard Five & Ten Store and bought a pair of white sneakers, which I wore for the rest of the day - with my lacy socks and pink taffeta dress.


Uncle John and me.

1 comment:

Zan said...

Hi! I found your blog thru the One Minuit Writer site. It caught my eye, as I grew up in the 60's shopping with my mother at the same A&P. I think it's now a Publix. I remember begging her for a trip to Richard's to ride the mechanical horse.

Anyway, thanks for the memory!