Friday, January 9, 2009

Audiobooks Challenge #1

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris.

Screamingly funny. A good antidote to the world's woes. I laughted until I cried. Warning, do not listen to this in your car while driving!

Some people might be offended by Sedaris but I'm sorry, I think he's hysterical. These essays are primarily about his very quirky and downright weird family members. Funniest: brother Paul's wedding.

6 comments:

Simplicity said...

Thanks for the tip! I love funny stories!

Norma said...

I haven't seen or heard this one, but whenever I've heard him I have the same reaction--laugh until I'm in tears.

CJ said...

I used to work for a wireless phone company, so the story I loved from this book was the one about the man on the cell phone in an airport restroom.

At work, I'd be in the restroom and someone would start talking, and, of course, I thought they were talking to me. I would ask "What?" and then realize they were peeing or flushing while on the phone. I often wondered what the person on the other end thought, having to listen to the noises of elimination.

Anonymous said...

You might already know this, but the links to post your reviews are up in the right sidebar at J. Kaye’s Book Blog.

Deb said...

J. Kaye - thanks, I didn't realize that!

Anonymous said...

The link went through perfectly. I've heard this author was funny, but I like your term, screamingly funny, way better! :)