
"He enjoyed Mrs. Bagchi's company, knowing that at the end of a few weeks she would board a separate plane and disappear. But after Italy he'd begun thinking of her, looking forward to receiving her e-mails, checking his computer five or six times a day."
~~Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri, p. 9.
Teaser Tuesdays are hosted by Ms. B at Should Be Reading
4 comments:
Ah - isn't that the way it always works? Don't realize how much you liked something until you no longer had it.
So true, often we realize the value when people are far away.
I’ve been meaning to read this one, I LOVED her debut one ‘Interpreter of Maladies’, but Namesake was OK, a bit slow. Considering this is also short stories, I am quite looking forward to it.
OK Deb, I'm here to interview you. You can use the questions on my interview, but you can substitute one, if you wish with this one: "What is it about blogging that keeps you at it?" I look forward to reading "my interview."
Norma, I'll be posting my response later today. Thanks!
Post a Comment