I've signed up for this challenge hoping to read 10 books from the list next year. I'm already one up: American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld. Here are the books I want to read from this list:
Fiction
American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld (read)
Lush Life by Richard Price (loved The Samaritan)
A Mercy by Toni Morrison
Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri
When Will There Be Good News? by Kate Atkinson (in my book bag now)
Nonfiction
American Lion: Andrew Jackson in the White House by Jon Meacham
Blood Matters by Masha Gessen
AN EXACT REPLICA OF A FIGMENT OF MY IMAGINATION :A Memoir by Elizabeth McCracken
FACTORY GIRLS : From Village to City in a Changing China By Leslie T. Chang
Shakespeare's Wife by Germaine Greer
Interestingly, there were more nonfiction titles that appealed to me than fiction, so we shall see. Still, I am reading (or hoping to read) five of each.
4 comments:
Glad you'll be joining us...I sent you an invitation to join the group blog today :)
I heard American Wife is GOOD! Have fun reading!
Um, I guess I heard it from you! ;D
If you're interested in reading challenges, you might find the Caribbean Reading Challenge 2009 worth considering. I've already signed up.
Post a Comment