I started blogging a few years about about my hobbies & signed onto the Quilt STudio, where quilters discuss their projects. I "met" a group of women with common interests and over a year or two of blogging, was amazed at how close we all seemed. We shared our lives online, all these women who were close in age to me.
to finish:
and had similar interests and to a degree, similar lives. I felt that I came to know all of them in many ways. When disappointments and bad times came along, we supported each other. I finally did meet one fellow quilter during the Thanksgiving holidays, and it was just great. Interestingly, she was just as I imagined: happy, outgoing, friendly, open.
2 comments:
That is lovely. It is wonderful that when you met up in person she was as just as you imagined. I love the way the internet can bring together people of similar interests from all over the world.
And you were everything I thought you'd be, too! Cool, kind, and tolerant of my 5 year old!
Meeting you was the highlight of my Thanksgiving! Thanks for everything!
Post a Comment